As a parent of teenagers, I understand that sometimes it helps to have a go-between that changes the dynamic between parent and teen. I offer math tutoring, SAT test coaching, and college application essay consulting for students in grades 6-12 to be that go-between.
I provide two options for one-on-one math tutoring up through AP Calculus AB/BC.
- Tutor-by-the-“hour”: Time is billed at a rate of $35/hr (pro-ratable).
- Tutor-with-support: Billed at a flat rate (generally $40/week depending on the length of the face-to-face meeting). Covers a weekly meeting (ideally 45 minutes) with the ability to text or chat to answer questions as the student works on classwork.
College Application Essay Consulting
I work with rising high school seniors, using coaching techniques, to identify the college application essay they want to write and how to write it in an engaging way. We will then focus on structure and readability. I will also work with rising high school juniors for specific essays for academic programs such as NC Governor School. I offer a free 30-minute consultation to discuss the potential essay and allow students the chance to get to know me.
I work with students as a coach to help them resolve the issues that are hampering their success. This includes SAT test prep. For many students, I find they have the material, and maybe even the strategies, but something is still getting in their way.
- Time management, organization skills, and stress management.
- Finding their path after high school.
- Self-advocating and academic confidence.
I have experience working with ADHD students. I offer a free 30-minute consultation to help clients determine if coaching is what they need.